Monday, January 01, 2007

Not Too Small to Have a Big Impact

Jazzmin Walters is the smallest player in Old Dominion women's basketball history. Don't, dare I say, sell her short.

Walters has cracked the Lady Monarchs' starting lineup in this, her sophomore season, and is providing excellent defense and energy on the offensive end.

"Jazz is no bigger than a minute," said Lady Monarchs coach Wendy Larry, who won her 500th game earlier this season. "Her heart is bigger than her body. She has a great deal of passion for the game."

Walters knows that refining her point guard abilities is one key to her success -- both for her as an individual and for her team. "I just want to keep everybody involved and stay consistent," said Walters, who must work on her assist-to-turnover ratio. "I can't do it myself, but I want to try and help bring people together. A lot of my teammates look up to me."

Click here to read Nancy Lieberman's ESPN.com column "One of game's smallest making big impact at ODU." Make sure to check out the pictures of Walters and ODU men's player Sam Harris, who stands 7'3".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home